1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a barco 801S and a centerstage CS-2...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Prehjan, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Prehjan

Prehjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi fellows...do any of you guys/gals see anything i shoudl be aware of for using these two "devices" together???
    i also want to be able to connect my dvd player (probably through sdi. since cs2 come with sdi...) and dvi stb to this also...

Any unforseen road blocks than anyone can point out, that I didnt see yet??

Any help is appreciated in thsi set up

Thanks

Martin

2. Prehjan

Prehjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello???

3. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    Is that a BarcoData 801s (HFreq 65kHz - good) or a BarcoGraphics 801s (HFreq 94kHz - better)? Digital source; capability for progressive feed AND line doubling or up-scaling; presumably bnc's all the way; either way it sounds like a great combination.

4. Prehjan

Prehjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a data grade 801s...so i think the hfrequencyy is 65k...i know it can do hdtv no probelm...so i figure leave the settings at 720p on the pj..at least on the output part of the cs2..

I have been doing extenssive reading all around the internet to get a good combo going...i also have an x1 and will be using that for data computer hook up and i ll do all my hdtv and dvd film viewing on the barco...
    i got my sa8300hd box yeaterday..but havent been able to connct the progressive feed from thsi stb/dvr to the cs2's progressive input..it just gives me a blank screen..i guess it doesnt lock on to the frequencies..so right now i have it fed through the svideo of the 8300hd to the cs2...at least untill i can figure out what is going on...

any advice on how to get this going correctly??

i m also looking into a monster power line conditioning ...i figure i ll do all this in a rackmount type set up and everything will go to my closet...my screen goo hasnt arrived yet...
    but my parkland plastics did..i m also looking into a crecent rf remote system and a automated masking system for the screen that i am making so that i can have it automatically do the 16:9 to 4:3 and the 2:35 material...maybe even 1:77...but i guess that would be pushing it.

as best i can fiigure i should do the 16:9 to 2:35 and no 4:3 or 1:77...

thansk for thr ereply...

Martin

5. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    If something doesn't work, you have to step back until it does start working again.
    Have you got another display, a progressive TV or monitor, that you could connect to do some troubleshooting?
    Try connecting the receiver to the scaler with an interlaced feed.
    Make sure you know what frame rates you should have all four key connections; source out, scaler in, etc.
    Have you accounted for all the right attributes? For example, is the scaler looking for an RGB input? Check the input menus. At least you have something working with S-video, which is a good place to start, and can give quite good results in itself. Try to explain why that's working?

6. Prehjan

Prehjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well...right now i got teh cs2 connected to my x1..but i did feed a svideo out of my dvr to the crt barco..and there was picture..it just looked a littele trapozid looking on corners and also a little like a suched in square..or rectancle..hard to judge....
    i m thinikng oif doing the barco from a table top level of say 14 to 36 inches above the flor...i use the lense program...but it kept on giving me negative numbers right under the screen...but again iu moved this thing from a ceiling mount, and i just plugged the jumpers to exchange to table mount...
    but stilll havent i did feed a chtpc signal into the barco on port 4/5 but i didnt switch the right setting therfore it was green and to the side...
    i m thinking if using the same 720p settinng for this barco..is that too much you think??
    i also havent been able to make the componenet out of my sa8300dvr to work with the progressive in of the centerstage cs2...
    any idea what i m doing wrong??
    thanks for the help,...

Martin

7. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    Where to begin? Do you have a manual for the projector? If not, you may be able to download one here:
    http://www.projection-dreams.com/installations.html
    This also has good advice and links on setting-up CRT, it sounds like you need to start from first principles, but don't assume you will be able to master it in a day.

With regard to moving on from s-video, if you are able to get some sort of output at all, then I would first check that the scaler input settings are consistent with the source. Ask yourself what you are outputting: PAL/NTSC, interlaced or progressive, 25/50 frames/sec, how many lines, etc. The source and scaler will only work with certain video formats; make sure they are the same.

8. Prehjan

Prehjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi and thanks for the reply...

yes i do have a barco 80 manula..which is pretty close to the 801s that i have...this is what was given to me by the previous owner...
    i have been doing quite a rteading on all this and found my best info on technical specs at curtpalm dot com and under barco 8xx and the set up stuff at moesrealm dot come...but still havent tried them with the barco yet..just my infocus x1...
    i m also negotiating to by a set of hd144 color corrected and tinted lenses off of another project9or to put on my barco 801s whcih has hd8 rev b lenses...i am alos looking to convert to the lense flapping plates available on the graohics series...since mine is data...all of these conversions are second hand..i was wondering what you all thought about all this...
    by the way: this centerstage cs2 w/sdi video processor..ROCKS!!!...my PQ has gone through the roof...and this is still with svideo output and not the dvi or the component from the sa8300hd dvr/stb...now if i could only figfure out how to output progressive to the cs2..hmm that would be nice...

anyhow thatnks

Martin