a) 1:1 pixel mapping & b) smooth video playback

callmecheez

Does anyone have experience of an LCD tv which they connect to their computer; get crisp 1:1 pixel mapping; and also get zero tearing/jerkiness in video playback.

I'm just wondering if this is possible or if its just a 'feature' of the LCD tv technology.

Thanks!

scharf_10

I have an LG 32LX2R and i get absolutely perfect 1:1 pixel mapping, if i connect my computer its absolutely fantastic. I downloaded some high definition video and it runs smooth as you like. It's really really good. My TV is quite an old model now so im assuming the newer models will perform much better as well.

RockySpieler

I use Powerstrip with 24fps sourced material and 48Hz refreshrate 1:1 mapped........looks good to me. Medion 32" Non-HdReady, and obsolete. The backlighting isn't the most uniform either, but it's my stopgap, until 1080p's are decently priced (been waiting nearly 2 years).

NX3

Sony KDL26S2010 running 1:1 and smooth video all the way. Unless I crack up too high a bitrate HD file then it jerks but thats my PC not keeping up, not the LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom