Hi All. I've finally sorted out the last big bit of my living room setup, which is to get some coloured lighting behind my plasma. I wanted a proper colour-changing setup along the lines of the Philips Ambilight - but without buying a Philips telly. This resulted in an extended period of fiddling with electronics before I finally threw caution to the wind and connected a bunch of home-made electronics to the internals of my lovely Lumagen... Fortunately, I didn't kill it, and now have a very nice (IMHO!) lighting set up. For completeness, the kit I have here is: A Panasonic 50" plasma panel (6th gen) A Felston 740 to sort out audio delay An Onkyo 805 to replace my aging Sony 925 that mysteriously died when I left my girlfriend alone with it (which I'm sure was purely coincidental... and gave me an excuse to upgrade!) A Denon 2900 with SDI out A PS3 (original UK 60GB model) A Hush PC for most TV and media duties A Lumagen HDP with a few added bits of wire Oh, and my speakers are Kefs (except the rears which are old Mordaunt Shorts). I did have a Rel Strata-III but it died and I don't really need a sub in here so I'll wait until I move to somewhere bigger before I replace it... Everything is connected digitally where possible. Here's a few pics... Here we are in the daylight. Notice that my rear-wall is quite strongly coloured, which doesn't help the lighting - however the light still shows up quite well, and reflects off lighter surfaces such as the roof too. This is from the Planet Earth Blu-ray: This is an explosion from Casino Royale - the lights respond well to rapid changes like this: I should point out that in less strongly coloured scenes I get a fairly neutral backlighting effect, which works pretty well. It's hard to capture in a photo, but you really notice it now when it's not there... Stronger colours show up a lot more though: And here's a couple of pictures of how I developed the lights... Prototyping the microcontroller stuff (using a cheap network media player instead of my precious Lumagen!): Here's the internals of the Lumagen after I've added my wiring and glued in some mounting points: Here's my little microcontroller installed: I didn't want to ruin the thing, so there is actually just one little port added on the back, using a hole pre-drilled for an optional output I don't have: "No user serviceable parts inside." - ahem... It was a hell of a lot of effort, and not a little expense, but I like the results.