9Gb DVD-RAM

J

Jonny1973

I'm considering getting a DVD recorder to go along with my Sky+,

I see that Panasonic now do a 9Gb DVD-RAM disk, do you have to physically turn the disk over or is it like a dual layer disk????

I've got a few 9.4Gb discs, but my system (hs2) just treats them as 2x4Gb ones in a single case, and yes you have to turn them over.

Bit of a bummer as I assumed you could record a movie longer than 2 hours on one, but you can't without splitting the movie up into 4gb parts!

Damn, I hate flippers!!!!

I might wait until dual layer recorders appear then.

Just get a Hard Disk model otherwise you will have a very long wait for a dual layer recorder.

My Panasonic HS2 can do 8 - 52 hours (40GB). The E100 (80GB) doubles that and the coming soon E95 (160GB)will make it four times more capacity than the HS2.

You won't need much RAM after that.

Originally posted by nwgarratt
Just get a Hard Disk model otherwise you will have a very long wait for a dual layer recorder.

Sony are about to launch a dual-layer writer for a PC which uses Verbatim dual-layer dvd-r.

Consumer DVD recorders should follow.

Sony are about to launch a dual-layer writer for a PC which uses Verbatim dual-layer dvd-r.

Actually it uses Dual Layer +R (2.4x) ;)

As well as burners from Ricoh (+R), Pioneer (-R) etc.

However, I bet TV Dual Layer DVD recorders will be at least a year away and then they will be ridicolously expensive for another year or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom