9986 tomorrow

T

tills

Hello all,
I am picking up my 9986 tomorrow and wondered if anyone could help by telling me
how to check the firmware versions. I am doing this at the shop and if its not the latest then i'm not taking the telly.
Also could anyone be kind enough to explain what the service code is and what
results can be achieved.

Many thanks to all.
P.S if i get to much s??t with this telly i shall deliver it via four wheel drive straight
through service department window........ :thumbsup:

For checking the firmware level, enter 123654 on the remote.
The service code is another similar code. Don't use that in the shop!
There is not very much that can be achieved in service mode on this set anyway...

Many thanks Rob, my dealer assures me that this screen was sent out by philips this
week so if i'll let you all know if it comes with V1.3

It looks like the latest revision is 2.2 now, but of course (?) there is no changelist so not really easy to know what you are missing with 2.0 or 2.1

Rob thanks again, i'll let u all know. And for anyone who maybe interested
i'll b connecting an apple mini mac, (only i know a couple of u were thinking of doing this as well). Chris i'll let u know about the dead pixels
as well.

Many many thanks to all,

P.s......should buying an LCD really feel like playing russian roulette???

Well what can i say but they are a bunch of c???s at phillips.......let me explain.....
my pf 9986 37inch was delivered today, and quess what? they have supplied
the stand for the 42/50 inch screens....not just that, its missing a f?????g part, so
I could'nt set it up even if i wanted to....so congratulations philips.....you have
gained another owner who has'nt even got to see the telly on before he has lost
confidence in your company. Rest assured i shall be on the phone to my dealer tomorrow
and if the stand situation is not resolved by close of buisiness tomorrow the telly
goes f?????g back!
By the way the part missing is labelled part 8, which in the diagrams looks like a
rubber mat that sits between the glass base and metal support....has anybody else
been mising this part????

I have a 32" version and between the glass plate and vertical support there is an aluminium plate that is glued to the glass, not a rubber mat. But it may be a different stand, the 32" includes it and it is a fixed stand, I think the optional stand for the larger models is a swivel stand.

If it is the ST429966 swivel stand, my 37" came with that and it fits fine. The non-swivel stand is smaller though.

Incidentally there is no sign of a "rubber mat" between metal and base, my stand was pre-assembled before I got it.

Many thanks to all, thanks to your advice i went ahead and constructed the stand( a bit misleading in diagram, it shows a part no 8 that it obviously does not need). screen now been running about an hour, and first impressions are good, but first the facts.
My dealer assures me that it was sent from philips the end of last week,
A) firmware V2.0
B)On close inspection their seems to be no dead pixels,although i read there is a service mode u can run to be sure
C)As i said its only been running about an hour and there is a slight buzzing when muting that once your ears pick up the frequency it still audiable at low volume levels, but once raised u cant hear, but again when i
turn off ambient light and mute tv its barely audiable at all, even with my ear close to lcd.

D) I did rush the set up tonight, girlfriend driving me mad for ER, so at this stage its only got sky via RGB scart, but buy tomorrow i wiil have tried
pioneer R 920 h via hdmi to dvi, and the mac mini.

I keep u up dated with the results but in the meantime could any one advice me of the best settings to try out. cheers all.....tills

i beleive that part is a peice of thin card with some holes punched in it

tills said:
Many thanks to all, thanks to your advice i went ahead and constructed the stand( a bit misleading in diagram, it shows a part no 8 that it obviously does not need). screen now been running about an hour, and first impressions are good, but first the facts.
My dealer assures me that it was sent from philips the end of last week,
A) firmware V2.0
B)On close inspection their seems to be no dead pixels,although i read there is a service mode u can run to be sure
C)As i said its only been running about an hour and there is a slight buzzing when muting that once your ears pick up the frequency it still audiable at low volume levels, but once raised u cant hear, but again when i
turn off ambient light and mute tv its barely audiable at all, even with my ear close to lcd.

D) I did rush the set up tonight, girlfriend driving me mad for ER, so at this stage its only got sky via RGB scart, but buy tomorrow i wiil have tried
pioneer R 920 h via hdmi to dvi, and the mac mini.

I keep u up dated with the results but in the meantime could any one advice me of the best settings to try out. cheers all.....tills

Here are the settings that we've managed to settle on for the 32" 9986 (pretty much) It may be that the 37"'s contrast should be set at nearer 67.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182709
Let us know how it goes.

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom