1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9986 - Saving picture settings

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by lee_d_m, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lee_d_m

lee_d_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi there,

I became the proud owner of a philips 32pf9986 tonight, and I must say I'm very impressed.

However, I have setup the picture settings as has been recommended on here, but when I turn off the TV and back on, or change the channel from EXT1 to EXT2 for example, the "Smart Picture" setting changes from "Personal" to "Soft", hence I have to go back in and change it back to "personal" again.

So, the question is, what am I doing wrong, why isn't Smart Picture set to Personal when I switch the TV on.

any help appreciated

cheers

Lee

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Lee,

I have heard of this problem before and there is a simple solution, but I can't remember what it is! I'll get back to you with the answer if I can find it!

Jimmy

3. Si1

Si1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lee,

I seem to remember I had this problem, and it was to do with the source setting. Go in to the menu and select 'Setup' then select 'Source'. If any of the EXT's are set to 'SAT' then change it to something else, I think this will solve your problem.

Si