9986 query

S

stake501

Afternoon Gents!

Quick question (i hope) :

I there a way to tune the STB/LCD to that I can use the Philips remote (which is very stylish btw) to change STB channels.

Ok the question above sounds convoluted but what i want (tell me if poss) is to say ch1-5 being bbc1 to channel five, and then say 6 to be be ITV2 for instance, 7 to be BBC3 etc.... STB is the pioneer DBRTF100 if that helps.

thanks in advance

The remote is multi function and I expect that this is possible. I don't have it in front of me just now, but it does have a Sat function of sorts. How flexible it is remains to be seen. I'll have a fiddle with it tonight and get back to you.

Jimmy

All I know is that the remote is an RC5/6 remote which is meant to be programmable. I've tried looking up on the net what needs to be done in order to program my remote but couldn't find anything of use.
If anyone has done this successfully with their 9986 remote I'd be keen to find out, my Philips remote is 100 times better than my ntl digital one and would make using the TV a lot easier for the not so technicals in the house.

Probably find it will only control other Philips/Marantz equipment.

Correct Colin - Philips equipment only.

Sorry, Stake.

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom