1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9986 problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by garytreble, Mar 30, 2005.

1. garytreble

garytreble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi

I've hooked up a Pioneer 575 DVD player to my 9986. When I switch my DVD player on i get the Pioneer logo, but if I look closely at the image quality it looks blotchy (like some sort of colour interference, difficult to describe)

I can't remember it looking like this when I first got the set last month. I've set the TV setting to what's been suggested in this forum but this makes no difference.

Has any one else got a 575 DVD player? Do you experience the same problem.

2. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the movies or just the pioneer logo that is blotchy? Usually the graphics in menu's or start ups are pretty poor as they compress them a lot. You should only care about your movie playback quality.

3. garytreble

garytreble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    agreed, But this problem seems to come and go.

4. waizfisz

waizfisz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the DV1000 and its the same logo. I have a question for you. When i turn on the tv it always switches to ext1 when te DVD set is switched on (thats where i connected the DV1000 with scart). I have however sound from the highest channel (in my case 41). Do you have that also?

Lex

5. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi Lex,

Do you mean a sound bleed? I think that is the official term anyway. It sounds like the problem I have with my 9976. Telewest Cable box is on Ext1, DVD recorder is on Ext2, when playing movies or watching anything on Ext2 I also get audio from Ext1. I unplug Ext1 and the interferring audio dissapears.

Pete.

6. garytreble

garytreble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    sorry lex I don't understand your question. I've got my sky box hooked upto EXT1 & my DVD player on EXT2

Both scarts are good quality gold plated RGB.

I will try & disconnect EXT1 and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

7. waizfisz

waizfisz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, what i mean is:

I have my DVD set switched on in Television mode (that means it plays the TV sound), TV off. Now when i press, for example 5 on the TV remote, it switches on but always to ext1 showing a blue screen but the DVD set is playing the CH5 sound. When i press 5 again or another number the programm comes up.

Lex

8. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have equipment connected to both EXT1 and EXT2 that always provides an RGB signal.
    When I switch on the TV, either from standby or via the power button, it always starts on EXT1 with the correct sound and picture. When I powerup the device on EXT2 after the TV, the TV switches to EXT2.
    This is normal behavior for TV sets, sometimes useful and sometimes irritating.