9986 new version software

R

rundmc51

just out of interest philips are listing that a new 2.4 version software is being used on new production models which is meant to stop lip sync problems (didn't know they had lip sync problems)

Where did you find this info. Could you post a link please?

I have noticed a slight problem with lip synch on odd occasions, but I always assumed it was Sky's problem. It never seems to last long and is not a problem. I too would like to see this link.

Jimmy

I have also mentioned my lipsync probs on here before - any more info on this would be great.

sorry unable to put up a link ,this information was seen on the philips technical web site which is for service engineers only. my brother works for a small tv shop as an engineer they can not work on lcd or plasma as they have not got the equipment or training so they are all returned to manufacturer as with the majority of dealers.
i bought my 32pf9986 from john lewis as it was cheaper than my brothers trade price and it gave me the 5 year warranty.
i am now on set no 6 which i got on saturday which is a version 2.3 still ,all seems to be fine.

Do you have any idea if software can be updated, and if so if it can be done at home?

There is a service port, but I have not heard of anybody who has had a firmware upgrade at home. The upgrades are usually combined with assorted hardware additions. Should be possible, however, as long as Philips firmware upgrade is software only.

Jimmy

philips recommend two ways of software upgrade ,one is to change the eprom chip and the other is to us philips service software called compair to update the software both ways can only be done at about 3 main philips service centers across the country.

Hi......I've been out of the forum loop for a while and just wanted to know how to check what version my 32pf9986 is running and also if anyone has got component to DVI to work on their sets and also if these two (software and comp-DVI) are related?

If they are related how do we get Philips or anyone to do a software update?

Thanks in advance.

S

Eyeball,

My, you have been away for a while! I remember when I got my 9986 in December that all the talk was about getting the component to work. Well, the only version that it doesn't work on is the origional v1.3. Mine was the v2.1 and subsequently v1.3's had to be sent away and upgraded. Any v1.3's upgraded in the UK got v2.0. The upgrade is only possible at a Philips service centre and involves sending the set away....for weeks....

Check your version number by punching in 123654 on the remote. You version number is included on the top line.

Jimmy

Any more info come through on this? I always thought it was either my Sky+ box or some delay with my surround sound gear - My DVD's work perfectly though :confused: The lip-synching gets noticeable sometimes when watching the music channels.

G-ManCTR said:
Any more info come through on this? I always thought it was either my Sky+ box or some delay with my surround sound gear - My DVD's work perfectly though :confused: The lip-synching gets noticeable sometimes when watching the music channels.
Its SKY. Usually changing channels then returning sorts it.

Jimmy

jimsan said:
Eyeball,

My, you have been away for a while! I remember when I got my 9986 in December that all the talk was about getting the component to work. Well, the only version that it doesn't work on is the origional v1.3. Mine was the v2.1 and subsequently v1.3's had to be sent away and upgraded. Any v1.3's upgraded in the UK got v2.0. The upgrade is only possible at a Philips service centre and involves sending the set away....for weeks....

Check your version number by punching in 123654 on the remote. You version number is included on the top line.

Jimmy

Thanks alot, I will check it today and make sure it works ok.
The only thing that concern me is that my model is a newer version so am assuming it's v2.1 as well and the last time tried to get component to work it didn't want to know. However, I will try again today and post results here.

Thanks again.

S

Let us know how it goes....it's a bit of a guddle, but it's worth it.

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom