1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9986 filmware 1.3 - am i missing out?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rnsdm001, Mar 7, 2005.

1. rnsdm001

rnsdm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have filmware 1.3 - I now know this means I can NOT connect the tv to progressive scan DVD players - which produces excellent pictures.

But I can still connect using scart, so am i really missing out?

Its just im a big girl and need reassuring! :suicide:

As im really pleased with everything else with the set - it doesnt buzz, no dead pixels, so i dont want to send it back to recieve one that does buzz etc.

Its not like the 1.3 is a lesser model with inferior PQ is it? (other than connecting to DVD)

cheers in advance

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Exactly as you said.....you're really only missing out on Component Progressive Scan capability with the v1.3. Scart pictures look quite similar to Prog Scan pictures until you get to high speed movement scenes where the Progressive picture provides a smoother, flicker free picture.

I would recommend that anybody recieving a v1.3 now should return it as the TV doesn't perform as advertised, however if you've had the set a while and aren't too bothered about Progressive over Component then relax.

Jimmy