1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9986 and RadeonPro9800

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by The alfmeister, Apr 18, 2005.

1. The alfmeister

The alfmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, having great fun with my new 9986 EXCEPT major frustrations trying to get a picture from pc output through my graphics card (Radeon 9800 Pro). I have the dvi-vga adapter plugged in to the tv and have tried both of the following two options at the pc end, each to no avail:

1. Direct swap my monitor cable with the tv vga cable; obviously I lose the picture on the monitor ;) , but the tv says 'resolution not supported' (at 1280 x 768 - which I read on another thread as being supported??)

2. Keep my computer monitor vga cable plugged in and plug the tv vga cable, through another vga-dvi adapter, into the dvi connector of my graphics card. TV shows nothing at all, not even 'resolution not supported' and picture on my monitor goes off (even though the standard vga connection to it is still connected).

Connecting up a PC to this monitor seems harder than I thought, obviously the dvi input is intended for adapted component input from a suitable dvd player, in which case, why not just include component inputs? Then again, all the manufacturer's stuff says you can connect a PC to it??

Can anybody help please? I'm just itchin' to play FarCry on the big screen.

Regards
    Andrew

2. Alan111S

Alan111S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Andrew

My guess is that with 1) although you have chosen the correct res 1280 x 768, your graphics card is outputting higher or lower than a 60Hz refresh rate. Set that up first then try 1) again.

Alan

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just plug the DVI output from your graphics card straight into the DVI input on the TV. Set the resolution at 1280x768 and away you go. Don't use the VGA at all. Thhis fills the screen top to bottom perfectly but leaves two narrow black bands left and right. Pixel 1:1.

Jimmy