1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9986 and notebook

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ricardomourinho, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ricardomourinho

ricardomourinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm posting because i'm a little confused concerning a situation with a dvi connection to a notebook.
    My notebook has a max 1024*768 resolution, so when i connect to 9986 via dvi (in mirror mode) i can only get aprox. half the screen of my lcd.
    No discussions in here.
    However, i've configured my 9986 to perform 1368*768 resolution (which has two black borders right and left about 2 cm) but i can only "see" this in extended mode of notebook display.
    In extended mode, i can't see my desktop icons, so what gives?
    I'm i stuck with 1024*768 max resolution of my notebook or is there a way to use the 1368*768 resolution but viewing my desktop?
    Thanks.

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you are looking for Pixel 1:1, you are stuck with whatever resolution your notebook will output. Anything else involves scaling and that is likely to make the display a mess.

Otherwise you'll have to run Powerstrip or something similar which might let you stretch the Pixel 1:1 to 1280 x 768, which is the maximum possible resolution available on the 9986 with PC applications. Do you have a DVI output on your notepad or are you using a VGA output? If you are, all of the above is meaningless.

Jimmy

3. ricardomourinho

ricardomourinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using dvi.
    Well, there's always the option of mirroring notebook display (superior to native).
    Meaning, i've sucedeed in outputing 1368*768 (of my notebook) to 9986 via mirror.
    Any comments?

4. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 15:9 mode of the 9986 (the one with the small back borders only on the sides) is 1280x768, not 1366x768.