1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9800pro Flashes when using s-video

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by GazH, Aug 15, 2005.

1. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi All,

I've got a Sapphire 9800pro which (basically) works really well with my Media Centre PC.

For some reason, when I connect it to my TV using the s-video connector, it flashes.... Black and white then back to normal colour... constantly. Whether I'n media centre or plain XP.

It works fine when I plug in the s-video to composite converter and also works fine through VGA output to PC monitor.

Its connected to a sony 28" CRT widescreen TV.

At first I thought it may be the refresh rate, but changing this (even to an interlaced rate) didn't make a difference.

I've got Catalyst 5.4 driver installed.

Any Ideas ??????

Cheers

Gaz

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Have you set the input on your TV to be S-Video ? On TVs a Scart socket or bundle of connections can be set to different inputs. For example, on my Sharp TV, I can set input 4 to be Composite, S-Video or Component on the bundle and Input 2 can be Composite or S-Video through a Scart.

Richie.

3. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Thanks for the reply Richie.

My TV automatically detects s-video through scart so you can't change it in the menu options.

I have also tried it using my AV4 input which is s-video (using s-video -> s-video cable) and it is still the same.

I may need newer driver, but the ones I've got don't cause any problems with XP or MCE2005.... except through s-video of course :D

Thanks again Richie

Gaz