Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

9800pro Flashes when using s-video

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by GazH, Aug 15, 2005.

1. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Hi All,

I've got a Sapphire 9800pro which (basically) works really well with my Media Centre PC.

For some reason, when I connect it to my TV using the s-video connector, it flashes.... Black and white then back to normal colour... constantly. Whether I'n media centre or plain XP.

It works fine when I plug in the s-video to composite converter and also works fine through VGA output to PC monitor.

Its connected to a sony 28" CRT widescreen TV.

At first I thought it may be the refresh rate, but changing this (even to an interlaced rate) didn't make a difference.

I've got Catalyst 5.4 driver installed.

Any Ideas ??????

Cheers

Gaz

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you set the input on your TV to be S-Video ? On TVs a Scart socket or bundle of connections can be set to different inputs. For example, on my Sharp TV, I can set input 4 to be Composite, S-Video or Component on the bundle and Input 2 can be Composite or S-Video through a Scart.

Richie.

3. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks for the reply Richie.

My TV automatically detects s-video through scart so you can't change it in the menu options.

I have also tried it using my AV4 input which is s-video (using s-video -> s-video cable) and it is still the same.

I may need newer driver, but the ones I've got don't cause any problems with XP or MCE2005.... except through s-video of course :D

Thanks again Richie

Gaz