1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

963sa @ Robertsons online

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mccune, Jan 23, 2003.

1. mccune

mccune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i placed an order with robertsons on wednesday last week(15th) for a 963sa. They were very efficient at taking the order, plus the cash!, and i was told that they had no stock but a delivery was arriving tuesday 21st. Secondly i was told that the order would be confirmed via email, and an expected delivery date would be given at the same time. As yet no email, everytime i call i get the ingaged tone and the do not respond to emails. i know people on this board have used these people did you have similar experiences??? or do you know how to get hold of them.....

2. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used them last June to buy my Philips TV. At that time they were easy to raise on the phone and did answer emails, maybe they have gotten much busier and less slick. Although I typically called them in the morning about 11:00am so maybe they are quieter at that time.
    I waited about 3 weeks for my TV (which they had warned me about), but when they did commit a delivery date they did stick to it. They are a well established, reputable company with outlets across Scotland so you will get your player (eventually).
    Keep trying, here's some contact numbers if you don't have them already....
    Mr David McDonald, Internet supervisor... 0800 052 1425
    email... info@robertsons-online.co.uk

Head Office... 01505 572000, Fax... 01505 572001

3. Kamui

Kamui
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I used them before Christmas they were quite quick, even though I didnt get the telly from them as I wanted it before Christmas and they had no stock, they phoned within 2 days to tell me that didnt have they stock and would I like to cancel my order 2-3 days later I had a full refund in my account.

Normally they dont arrange delivery dates by email but rather by phone and they dont do that until they have the stock in.

Oh and on the player your wanting I have seen number of places having a hard time getting hold of it, it seems Philips are pretty slow at getting a large number of 963sa's out so if number of people have ordered one before you and Philips have only sent a low number of players chances are they will be sent out to customers on a first come first served basis.

4. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I ordered a 963sa from them , I got it after about 2 weeks. I didn't recieve any e-mails but they did ring just before to arrange delivery.

5. miniroll171

miniroll171

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've ordered a 963 from them as well! I ordered it last week and they phoned me on tuesday to say they should be getting it in today (thursday) so hopefuly be getting it soon

Neal

6. Cheng

Cheng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I ordered a tv and they phoned to confirm delivery, 2-3 weeks from Toshiba, works fine, I'm very happy with them!

7. mccune

mccune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it all back, was contacted thursday via email to notify of receipt of stock....:p

8. Kamui

Kamui
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad everything turned out ok, youll have to post your opinion on 963sa when you get it ;)

9. miniroll171

miniroll171

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They confirmed with me that my new 963sa DVD player would arrive yesturday (Friday), I spent the whole day waiting in and nothing :(

Started phoning them at 1600 that day and all I got till 1800 was the engaged tone! Then I gave up and emailed them.

Tried phoning them again this morning and guess what! engaged...

Maybe they leave the phone of the hook as I can't see them being that busy!

Neal
    Still waiting... :mad:

10. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered the philips 963sa on wednesday, they phoned yesterday to tell me stock had arrived and its being delivered on tuesday

miniroll171 - i guess this isn't robertsons fault but a problem with the courier service. the weather was probably at fault mate, the country came to a standstill on friday remember.

11. miniroll171

miniroll171

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark P - Yes it did snow a bit didn't it :D

Still anoying though :(

12. miniroll171

miniroll171

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just managed to get through to them on the phone and they say they had a lot of problems because of the weather and it should arrive Monday :clap:

13. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i get mine on tuesday:( you'll have to share your thoughts with us on monday night.

14. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I get mine on Wednesday. I wonder if you can buy shares in Robertsons?

Andy

15. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seems as there pretty popular with the 963sa at the moment.

16. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so did it arrive.................? tell us more!:lesson:

17. miniroll171

miniroll171

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup It arrived today, Robertsons phoned me today at lunchtime to tell me it got held up cause of all the snow.

I've put a Post on this forum with my inital thoughts, see 'Philips 963sa First Impressions'

Hope yours arrives as expected Mark P as it's an awersome bit of kit