963SA Component/RGB Option?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Turl, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Turl

Turl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've hacked my 963SA to do PS and it seems that any option to select component or RGB output has now been removed by the hack. As I use RGB for my TV and shall want to use PS for my projector can someone confirm that both are simultaneously output by the player?.

The instructions suggest that both cannot be output in standard form at least.

DCDi, Aspect Ratio and True Life options are now accessible even though I'm only feeding the TV via scart (hopefully RGB). Unprocessed and 480p options are also enabled.

Out of interest, can the PS hack be reversed in any way?.

Cheers,

Turl :rolleyes:

2. a_b

a_b
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works perfectly fine on mine (PAL TV); in fact, I cannot recall a special menu option to select the output.

Just to be clear: the signal is definitely available, moreover at the same (!) time, from SCART RGB, component progressive and S-video - I was using those 3 to compare the picture on TV, PJ component (progressive) and PJ S-video (interlaced).
    BTW, I have come to the conclusion that component and RGB are way too bright - this is easily fixable via reducing brightness for RGB and gamma (oddly, increased value) for component. But this is off-topic...
    PS hack apparently can be reversed - search through the US AV forum, they have posted the codes. But do not give up just yet - it should work, and you will be (most likely) delighted!