962 pal prog. to AE100 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jesse, Jun 3, 2004.

1. jesse

jesse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone~

i'm now using my brand new phillips 962sa dvd player for my AE100 ~

it shows good pq on ntsc mode, but cannot show me pal prog picture at all~
    when i try to view r2 pal dvd by component output(ofcourse prog out~),my Ae100 shows me it receives 626p siganals but i can't c nothing from it but sound only~
    interlace mode works fine, but i wanna c my pal dvd via PROGRESIVE mode~
    plz help me with this matter~

:lease:

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Sounds like your AE100 is a bit picky or your players output isn't quite right. Is that definitely the player model no as I thought that was an older model without progressive scan where as the 963sa is the latest version. Is it possible someone has upgraded the 962sa with a 963sa firmware and the pal progressive option simply won't work on it? I have a AE100 and its a great projector. I actually have 4 dvd players with pal progressive output. A maxim, amw p80l, kiss dp-450 and ebench kh6777 and all give a fine pal progressive image on my ae100 with no problems. This is using the standard component connection. Its possible that your AE100 is fussy over signals but I suspect the problem is more likely the dvd player.

Does it look like this;

http://www.audioxtension.com/rev/963sa/main.jpg

or this;

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20020108/ces3_05.jpg

3. jesse

jesse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    model shown as below link~
    i know it's older model than 963sa, but i happen to buy it with reasonable price.
    if i can get pal prog output then iill be happy with the model even though it is older model~

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    I'm not knocking the 962sa as its a fantastic bit of kit but I don't remember ever seeing it described as having pal progressive. I think the us version was ntsc progressive and possibly the euro version too but then maybe there has been a firmware upgrade. The 962sa is a still a stunning bit of hardware with some top end components internally. The AE100 does a pretty good job of de-interlacing itself and the difference while noticable is not dramatic when you switch between pal progressive and pal interlace. The AE100 is a ntsc optimised projector anyway.