1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9607 arrived

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimmylad, Jul 20, 2002.

1. jimmylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    REF: 9607 / Empire direct

It should have arrived yesterday but came today. The delivery people rang me on Friday to say that it would be with me between 11 & 1 the following day. A day late but otherwise very pleased with the smooth process.

Took a while to build the stand & my mate came round to help me get the TV on the stand. I couldn't believe the weight of the thing.

First impressions = superb (although it takes an hour or two of connecting peripherals & tweaking the settings to get the optimum but well worth it)

I was expecting a bit more ooomph / slam from the bass whilst running through a few dvd's. (My Cambrige soundworks dt3500's on my PC give a far better sound experience)

I thought about adding a sub (any one done this?) but i am going to go for the Sony STRDE685 AV reciever & Sony SAVE835 speakers ( there are better combinations but the speakers have to be silver..........any ideas ?)

I got hotkit to price match robertwhte on the above setup which they have (saved £50) & also said I could have the STDRB780 (QS quality) for another £40 but wont be available till August. As I live 15 minutes from hotkit i will collect & save another £25 on delivery!

A verry happy chappy