1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9527 speaker problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by LONGSHANKS, Oct 26, 2002.

1. LONGSHANKS

LONGSHANKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have just noticed a problem with my 2month old 32" 9527 and wondered if anyone else has the same.
    When playing a dvd I can still slightly hear terrestial tv channels through the speakers.This is very obvious if you pause the film. I only bought my dvd yesterday,although I think it might also happen with my sky connection.I have disconnected my video and sky box to make sure there is no interference from them. It,s as if there is some bleeding/crossover(sorry non techie)of the terrestrial input and the speaker circuitry. Any comments?

Thanks

LONGSHANKS

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds like poor internal shielding... looks like you have a dud set. Get an engineer out pronto.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my 9527 1 month now. I noticed the terrestrial channel sound as well. This was only whilst playing DVD's and was only audible when sound was muted or really low.

Havent had a chance to play around with yet. Think I may get an engineer out to look at it as per rct's suggestion.

Have you had any joy yet longshanks?

Sorry if i sound inexperienced, im new to the home cinema scene.

:rolleyes:

4. LONGSHANKS

LONGSHANKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,
    since my first post I've discovered that it only happens when the dvd is connected via AV1.It's now connected through AV3 and the problem has gone.My sky connection is now on AV1 and it seems to be ok.I'm still thinking about reporting it.
    While were on the subject of 9527's and dvds,have you noticed any vertical dark bars on your set? While playing Harry potter today they were very noticable in dark scenes,approx 1" from the left edge and 2" from the right.I did find that they dissappeared if I connected the dvd through AV3(composite).

Hope this has been of some help.

Longshanks

5. LONGSHANKS

LONGSHANKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry,
    on the previous post I meant when connected through AV2(composite)the vertical bars are not there.

6. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Longshanks

Thanks, thats been a great help. I didnt notice the darker bars when i had dvd through AV1, but I put DVD in AV2 and dark bars were very apparent.

I put Pitch Black DVD on to give me an idea, they were about 1" from left and 4/5" from right. Ive changed connections to cable(NTL), to AV1 and DVD to AV2, this has got rid of black bars, and there is no noise through speakers when watching DVD, which is good.

Do you think picture quality is as good when using AV2 though? Do you think you could put DVD through AV3 and Cable/Sky through AV1, I think they are both RGB.

I'll have a go tomorrow, my tv's in a corner and takes some getting behind!

Cheers.:)

7. RichardL

RichardL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 9616 and suffer bleed through of terrestial sound on Ext.
    1,3 & 4. Ext 2 is the only clear one.
    The dealer has looked at it twice to no avail, so engineer it will have to be.

As an aside does anyone know if a Philips Pronto Neo remote will operate a Pace digital cable box. Cheaper remotes will not.
    RichardL

8. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is ok thru ext2 but this is not rgb. havent tried it thru' ext 3 yet. does it make much difference.

let us know how it goes, i'll let u know if i sort mine out.