• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

926sa vs Q50

B

baseborn

Have been looking at Hivizone.com, as I want a Progscan DVD player that'll do PAL as well as NTSC, cos i've just bought the Tosh 32ZD26P

They offer the 962SA at £385 plus shipping or the Q50 at about £305 plus shipping....

I know that the 926SA has SACD, but is it worth the extra....

Advice, comments etc.... Which to get - is the extra on the 962SA worth it?

Also, what are custom charges/vat like on Hivizone stuff?? Can you claim sales taxes (US) back and pay the VAT??

Cheer

Baseborn

J

JaseyJay

I have the 962sa from Hivizone, regarding customs when you order the player they ask what value you want to put on it. I put $250 and when it was delivered the postman wanted about £40.

Point to note - If the cusotms charge is above £100 you have to collect it from the post office depot as van drivers can't accept money over this value.

Anyway as for the sound, with the ability to switch off the video signal and use the 'Audio direct' feature it really is good.

As for SACD, if you can get the type of music you are interested in then it well worth the extra. However, Hungarian folk songs are not my cup of tea so take your pick.

K

karl

Hi

I too am trying to choose between the 962 & Q50 from hivizone - about £100 difference.

Any views about their relative merits ?

I know that the 962 has SACD which is a nice feature but not essential.

I am most interested in their picture quality - both NTSC & PAL progressive scan.

Karl

karkus30

Banned
Previous posts on this subject in which HiVizone have been asked that question, gave the answer that if you dont need SACD then buy the Q50. However, some people have hinted that the 962 has a slightly better picture performance.

I bought the 962, as I have seen a number of reviews that have not liked the imformation on the front fascia of th q50, that and the possibility that the picture might be just a touch better swung it.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom