9200T Daylight saving bug like 8000T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Damon, Oct 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Damon

Damon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Seems that the 9200T has the same error the 8000T had in that the start times for scheduled programmes that are set prior to daylight savings but start after are pushed back an hour when the clock was put back an hour. :mad:

i.e Egypt on BBC one programmed to start at 21:00 Sunday when I set it on Friday but as the clock was automatically adjusted for daylight savings by going back an hour Sunday morning it changed the start time to 22:00 as though it was assuming the time on the clock was wrong and it corrected the start time to allow for it, rather than it realising that the clock had changed for daylight savings and that the start time should stay the same.

Seems to be a basic bug that I think they fixed in the 8000T did they not?

Damon

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,365
    I have an 8000 & 9200 and both failed to update the time yesterday.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    Not the fault of the boxes. The transmitted time remained incorrect for most of yesterday.

4. Damon

Damon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My problem wasn't the time not being updated because it was, my problem was that an hour delay had been added to all my scheduled recordings.

Damon

5. therockett

therockett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I set three recordings on Friday for Sunday afternoon. Got back last night and my box had the British Summer time still on the display, however it had recorded two of the three programmes correctly (still to watch the third)

6. AlanDL

AlanDL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is not the machine's fault: happened on my VCR and DVDR; I checked teletext and the BBC had not adjusted the time (whereas ITV had). As the machines take the time from the teletext, they are not at fault. I rang BBC along with many others. They have subsequently apologised: said it was a technical fault. The time was corrected around about 5.00ish in the afternoon.