92 inch pull down tab-tensioned ALR Screen - Options???

maj74

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at a UST projector, so probably need an ALR screen - I don't have a batcave dark cinema room any more - just a normal living room.
  • 92 inch
  • Can't be a permanent feature, so has to be pull down (floor up won't really work in the room)
  • UST, so probably has to be tab tensioned.
As far as I can see I have the option of a Vividstorm screen and that is about it.

They're extremely expensive, and I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the lack of black border.

Am I missing some other brand for a screen of my desired spec?

Last edited:
I'm using a 92 inch Sapphire Tab Tensioned acreen and it is absolutely fine. Obviously the blacks aren't ideal but it will definitely do until prices of ALR screens come down a little or I find on relatively cheap on here. Also, as I have a Samsung LSP9T UST it's plenty bright enough for a non-cave environment.

Enjoying the UST experience and wanted to ceiling mount, but mounting limitations are an issue. The PJ needs to be closer than what the screen housing actually allows. With Samsung UST PJ's if you have a 92 inch screen the PJ must be VERY VERY CLOSE to the screen (less than 10cm, I think) as its designed for over 100 inch screens, ideally.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom