90s Super GP now Switch Bound

-Gonzo-

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
90s Super GP (formerly known as 90s Arcade Racer) is now Switch bound.
If Sega would release Daytona USA with a decent online I would be all over it, until that ever happens it's looks like this will fill that gap nicely.

Hmmm I'm all for nostalgia but its lazy to make the game look like a 90s game. I'd have liked a hint of the 90s feel and definitely the arcade gameplay, but with a more modernised look.

I've been following this game for years (think it was originally one of the early kickstarters 3-4 years ago then the dev kinda gave up, the Nicalis bought the rights to it).... not sure if I care any more.

Hmmm I'm all for nostalgia but its lazy to make the game look like a 90s game. I'd have liked a hint of the 90s feel and definitely the arcade gameplay, but with a more modernised look.

I've been following this game for years (think it was originally one of the early kickstarters 3-4 years ago then the dev kinda gave up, the Nicalis bought the rights to it).... not sure if I care any more.

Not sure lazy is the right word. There's still a lot of work that's gone into those car models and textures - it's much more advanced than any 90s racer I played.

Surely the look is that way for a reason, if it looks modern then it's not a 90s racer.
The USP is the 90s so for old farts like myself that spent a lot of my secondary school & college years and some years that followed in the arcades with my mates this is nostalgia at its best.
Personally I think it looks pretty good, I just hope the gameplay is not a disappointment.

If it plays well then yippee. I love a bit of Daytona / Outrun etc and this should just be arcadey fun.

But it is a bit odd quite how long it is taking. Starting to think it is not getting released.

Surely the look is that way for a reason, if it looks modern then it's not a 90s racer.
The USP is the 90s so for old farts like myself that spent a lot of my secondary school & college years and some years that followed in the arcades with my mates this is nostalgia at its best.
Personally I think it looks pretty good, I just hope the gameplay is not a disappointment.

Hey, I'm right there with you - Daytona is one of my all time fave games. I just think this is looking more basic in terms of textures and models than it could be and some of that is being hidden under a "oh look, its a 90s vibe" feel.

Daytona looks better from back in the day for example.

Hey, I'm right there with you - Daytona is one of my all time fave games. I just think this is looking more basic in terms of textures and models than it could be and some of that is being hidden under a "oh look, its a 90s vibe" feel.

Daytona looks better from back in the day for example.

Daytona had square blocky wheels Lol
I've got the Dreamcast version which still looks pretty good today over VGA, but this 90s racer although in some aspects looks the same in style it certainly looks a lot better texture wise.

Definitely getting this. Right up my street as I loved Daytona. The Saturn version was much better than I'd feared and they did a great conversion.
Ridge Racer will always be the king of 90's arcade racers for me though.

Just realised that my overall fave 90's arcade racer is actually Wave Race 64. Bloody brilliant racer.
Why can't The Big N give that an HD makeover for Switch?

Anyone watch Go8Bit (stick with me this will get relevant) .... they played Area 51 on there. I dare not even begin to think how much money I put in that arcade machine, and House of the Dead etc.

Same with Daytona, it would be scary to know how much I paid into that machine.

Anyone watch Go8Bit (stick with me this will get relevant) .... they played Area 51 on there. I dare not even begin to think how much money I put in that arcade machine, and House of the Dead etc.

Same with Daytona, it would be scary to know how much I paid into that machine.

I had House of the Dead on the Sega Saturn as well as Virtua Cop 1 & 2.
Then House of the Dead 2 & Virtua Cop 2 on the Dreamcast.
They were great until HDTVs came along and made the lightguns redundant.
I put a fair amount of money into the Thunderblade arcade game, how awesome was that cabinet that mimicked a helicopter.
The last arcade video game I put money into was Batman which was so awesome.

This looks awesome. Loved Daytona in the arcade and on Saturn and this looks like a modernised version. Bring it on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom