1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9-pin Din to RCA cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by VestanPance, Apr 3, 2005.

1. VestanPance

VestanPance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope you guys can help me out - I've done a search on the forums and also looked in the FAQs so my apologies if I've missed something obvious.

I've just inherited a surround sound system from my in-laws - its a Grundig VDHT10. They kept the DVD player part, and just gave me the speakers and amp (included in the sub) The input into the system is on a 9-pin DIN socket, and I've been looking everywhere online to try and get a cable that will allow me to connect the 6 RCA audio outs from my DVD player to the 9 pin input of the surround system. I did find one, but the company concerned don't ship to addresses outside the US.

So, does anyone know if its possible to get a cable in the UK, or will I have to resort to working out the pin configuration and making my own cable? Or...is it best just to give it up altogether? Money's pretty tight at the moment, which is why I'm so eager to take advantage of a free system, even if its a bit rubbish!

2. cmacdee

cmacdee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    This probably isn't exactly the answer you were looking for but I am in a similar situation!

I have the same DVD/VCR player but have lost the 9-pin Din cable that runs from the main unit to the subwoofer. I was wonderinging if you would be interested in selling me your surplus one or perhaps would consider buying the original DVD-VCR player from me so that you can use the speakers...?

Thanks for reading, hopefully hear from you soon,
    Chris