9 foot wide screen with project - advice please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paulherb, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi everyone,
    I have a Crt projector at the moment which everyone knows are not the most brightest of projectors. This has left me with a 7 foot wide 16 x 9 screen.

I trouble is I want much more than this. I own a 10 foot wide Draper M2500 16 x 9 screen and would like to have at least a 9 foot image.

Are there any projectors out there that will give me a bigger brighter image than my CRT. The new Sharp 9000 DLP may be?

Any help would be most welcome!

Cheers

Paulh.

2. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Paul,

You don't say which CRT projector you are using. If its a 7" model, I would have thought the Sharp 9000 DLP would be a better bet at 9ft wide. It would produce a brighter image, and probably better black level than a CRT on a large screen, although to use a grayhawk screen with it would have been better still. Don't know of anywhere that you would be able to see one though.

Regards Rob.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    Paul,

I have a customer with a Seleco500 on a 9FT wide screen. you can read the HCC article about his install on this site. It's the one about the young couple and the room is very BLUE.

sHARP 9000 will not get black as black as your projector. It will be more detailed though. It will also be brighter. I'm not a fan of high gain screens. I don't think that any DLP/LCD's are that suited to the M2500 fabric. I'd try the crt on it first and see how you get on. It will be dimmer than you are used to but even with the colour shift nad hotspotting it may be the compromise you are after.

Gordon

4. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul

Pity you're so far from me, you could have seen the LT150 on an 84" wide 2.8 gain Da-Lite High Power screen and drawn your own conclusions. It would have given you some idea as to the number of lumens you're going to need for 9ft.

5. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Gents!

Paulh.