8th Generation Pioneer Kuro vs New TVs

jrodefeld

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been an owner of a Pioneer Kuro tv for the past three plus years and I have been very happy with it. I bought it in late 2007, so it was an eighth generation model. I know technology moves very fast but I haven't seen any other tvs that look better. The 9th gen Kuros obviously were better but I never saw those.

But how do the 8th generation Pioneer Kuros compare with the average new tv set? I don't care much about 3d, but in terms of black level, motion, color, etc.

Are the new Panasonic plasmas better than the old Kuros?

I'm not unsatisfied with the picture at all, but I just want to know how it compares to newer models.

Thanks for any input I receive.

I have an 8G Pioneer and a 9G Pioneer. Both are still unmatched in overall performance and reliability.

Sad, possibly unbelievable after 3-4 years, but definitely true.

Some sets probably equal the 8G in some areas now, but they suffer strange processing quirks, retention and accuracy.

Stick with your 8G is my advice.

I have an 8G Pioneer and a 9G Pioneer. Both are still unmatched in overall performance and reliability.

Sad, possibly unbelievable after 3-4 years, but definitely true.

Some sets probably equal the 8G in some areas now, but they suffer strange processing quirks, retention and accuracy.

Stick with your 8G is my advice.

I appreciate the response. Are the new 2011 Panasonic tvs getting close to the performance of the Kuro? I am not in any hurry to upgrade but obviously all electronics eventually wear out so it would be nice to know that other sets are going to match or exceed its performance at some point.

Is there a huge difference between the 8g and 9g Kuros? I know the black level is superior but is it a night and day difference? I might buy a 9g second hand at some point if there is a huge difference.

But I am certainly happy with what I have now.

I appreciate the response. Are the new 2011 Panasonic tvs getting close to the performance of the Kuro? I am not in any hurry to upgrade but obviously all electronics eventually wear out so it would be nice to know that other sets are going to match or exceed its performance at some point.

Is there a huge difference between the 8g and 9g Kuros? I know the black level is superior but is it a night and day difference? I might buy a 9g second hand at some point if there is a huge difference.

But I am certainly happy with what I have now.

I think the Jury is still out on this one, which is a good thing because it probably means the VT30 is very,very close to the KURO's if not better.:)

Edit:
From what i am reading i think the VT30 has indeed surpassed the Kuro's.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom