1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Disk (Bonus) in Nightmare on Elm Street Collection R1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Squirrel God, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I messed about a little bit in the Labyrinth section and I found I couldn't play one segment on my DVD player (the one where Clive Barker is talking about sequels, which is in the first room on the left, when you click on the 'date of birth' text next to the cadaver).

Haven't explored the Labyrinth in great depth, so there may be other segments that don't play (although I hope not).

Thing is though - everything played fine when I played it in my DVD-ROM :confused:

So I'm presuming the disk itself is fine and it's a compatibility/mastering flaw, and so I wondered if anyone else had trouble with this on their DVD player?

Cheers :)

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    What player have you got?? It works fine on my 2 pioneers (525 and 505).

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony DVP-NS300. It makes funny whirring noises like it's trying to play it but can't, then it just unfreezes after about 30 seconds and lets me continue with making selections.

Never had a problem with any other disk...

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Try it on another dvd player, i know that early sony players had loads of problems playing interactive dvds. Have you got any other interactive dvds - dragons lair, sherlock holmes etc do they work ok?
    if it works on your dvdrom then it sounds like a dvd player problem.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't got another DVD player to try apart from my DVD-ROM. Local mates don't have multi-region players (damn them :rolleyes: :D ).

I've noticed there is a longer pause before playing that segment on the DVD-ROM than the other segments - so it might just be that the error correction in the DVD-ROM is better. I'm speculating...

I have another interactive disk, Tender Loving Care, which works perfectly, and never had a problem with any interactive features on any disk before (and I've been through quite a few :D ) including the ones that usually give people problems. DVPNS300 isn't that old a player either - I know ones before that had probs though :)

I did have a problem with "Drive" from HKL, and while a few people reported that it worked fine, many more reported problems at the layer change point. It turned out in the end that it was indeed a mastering problem, and HKL sorted it out after a few months and remastered the disks.

Ho hum. Think I'm gonna try and get it exchanged. Have no desire to return the whole boxset just for one disk though :( so I hope they'll just replace the 8th disk.

Cheers for your help Captain :) In the meantime, if anyone else has had problems with this disk, please post here - ta :)

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Captain,

Received a replacement of the 8th disk and it works great on my player now :)

That other disk must've been a dodgy pressing :thumbsdow Looks like I was right about DVD-ROMs being more tolerant :)