1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8mm Analogue to DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by marshy.dave, Oct 26, 2004.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this possible?

The only reason I ask is that I used my Ulead 8 software to capture edit and finish the DVD but when the software came to write the disc is got a authoring failure?

Has anyone managed to do this and what software did you use?

Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    If you can capture the 8mm footage to the PC then you can write it to a DVD.

The chances are that the authoring failure was down to one or more of the following:
    bad blank DVD
    too much running on PC
    power surge that effected the PC
    PC needed a reboot
    or a host of other minor things that a retry should get past.

You could be unlucky and have a corrupt video file, but I think this unlikely. Try playing the video on the PC and if it plays back ok then that is not the problem.

As I say, try it again with a new blank DVD and see how you get on.

FYI I have written a fair few DVD's with analogue footage useing Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3.

Mark.

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark.

I will give it a go tonight.

Another quick question, when capturing the video from my camcorder the video playback screen on the pc was very jerky, do you get same?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I think you will find that video playback on a PC will always look poor compared to on a TV. The PC monitor is just not designed top display a TV picture. The jerky playback is likely to be down to your graphics card not having enough memory for the fast updates required for moving video. You only need to worry about it if the DVD looks the same when played on a TV screen. Otherwise just think of the PC monitor as a guide to what is really going on.

Mark.