• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

8m run from Sky 160+ box to projector

C

Connal

Hi folks,

What are my best options for connecting a Sky 160+ box to a Screenplay Infocus 5700 on an 8m run?

Should I go S-Video or Component? And can anyone recommend cables in this length. I don't want to spend the Earth...

Cheers.

summat

Standard Member
Connal said:
Hi folks,

What are my best options for connecting a Sky 160+ box to a Screenplay Infocus 5700 on an 8m run?

Should I go S-Video or Component? And can anyone recommend cables in this length. I don't want to spend the Earth...

Cheers.

I know nothing of the 5700, but with my experience on a Sanyo Z2, given S-Video or Component, I'd run a mile away from S-Video. If you have component out from the Sky+ box (I thought these were RGB only?) then Component cable any day of the week. Maplin do a good 10M component cable for £30 (think it was on offer for £20 a couple of weeks ago - check their webbie)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Connal

The 'best' option is going to depend upon the Input options on your Projector and what other sources/signals you want to run.

If you have a SCART input (I think possibly via an adapter) then a custom RGB only SCART cable may be your best option - at a guess I'd say around £100.00 for a VanDamme cable on five core 75 ohm Red Series cable.

If the 'supplied' SCART adapter is designed to work with an HD15 (VGA) input the custom cable can be manufactured as SCART to HD15 and do away with the adapter.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom