1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8m run from Sky 160+ box to projector

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Connal, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Connal

Connal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

What are my best options for connecting a Sky 160+ box to a Screenplay Infocus 5700 on an 8m run?

Should I go S-Video or Component? And can anyone recommend cables in this length. I don't want to spend the Earth...

Cheers.

2. summat

summat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know nothing of the 5700, but with my experience on a Sanyo Z2, given S-Video or Component, I'd run a mile away from S-Video. If you have component out from the Sky+ box (I thought these were RGB only?) then Component cable any day of the week. Maplin do a good 10M component cable for £30 (think it was on offer for £20 a couple of weeks ago - check their webbie)

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Connal

The 'best' option is going to depend upon the Input options on your Projector and what other sources/signals you want to run.

If you have a SCART input (I think possibly via an adapter) then a custom RGB only SCART cable may be your best option - at a guess I'd say around £100.00 for a VanDamme cable on five core 75 ohm Red Series cable.

If the 'supplied' SCART adapter is designed to work with an HD15 (VGA) input the custom cable can be manufactured as SCART to HD15 and do away with the adapter.

Best regards

Joe