8K Full Array LED vs OLED

diskot111

Novice Member
8K Full Array LED vs OLED
DA,
I am considering buying a large size, 75"+, TV for a dimly lit room (but still not a dedicated cinema room) for watching mainly movies and sport.
I feel that given the size of the screen the 8k resolution will provide advantages vs a 4k panel, but I am not sure if this advantage will hold when instead of a full Array LED TV you instead consider a high-end OLED one.
I am in particular looking at the 85" Sony Z8H vs the 77" Sony A80J. The price difference is not great (the OLED is the cheaper one here by approx. £500), and given I have not found a direct comparison/test of the two and I am not able to compare them side by side in a showroom (expensive last year model for the Z8H vs very new and almost impossible to find model for the A80J), your thoughts and comments would be highly appreciated.

PineTree

Thank you!
And in the 8k LED vs 4k OLED? Same applies?
Same. The 8K won't do any difference. Z8H will only able to play 8K content through external input, I think it even fails at that. Check out Vincent's review on Youtube.

Z8H is a great TV, but in dimly lit room A80J is better option. Also bright content will look excellent during daytime / bright room viewing on A80J. Dark content is better viewed in darkness. A80J will excel in that too.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom