8Gb memory what size of sticks for whs 2011

RobTi

Hi whs 2011 has an 8Gb limit my motherboard has 4 slots so what would be the best configuration of memory to buy

Thanks

delta_42

Novice Member
Hi Rob, for the sort of workloads a WHS server is likely to see, I'd base your decision more on whether you can get 4 x 2GB sticks any cheaper than 2 x 4GB sticks. Another consideration might be how likely you are to ditch WHS2011 and move to something that doesn't have an 8GB limitation. If you want the option to change OS and install more memory, get 2x4Gb.

mamun216

Standard Member
Hi Rob, for the sort of workloads a WHS server is likely to see, I'd base your decision more on whether you can get 4 x 2GB sticks any cheaper than 2 x 4GB sticks. Another consideration might be how likely you are to ditch WHS2011 and move to something that doesn't have an 8GB limitation. If you want the option to change OS and install more memory, get 2x4Gb.
I also agree with you

RobTi

Thanks went for the 2 x 4Gb as i had them in the htpc as a ram disk so saved some money

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom