8bitdo gamepads

I noticed that one, not sure as the 8bitdo website does not show anything with that text.

If I'm paying £23+ for that, I would be more inclined to pay a few quid more to have the other pad with the sticks and extra shoulder buttons?

Tooms

If I'm paying £23+ for that, I would be more inclined to pay a few quid more to have the other pad with the sticks and extra shoulder buttons?
Thats what I was thinking. Then I can use it on other stuff.

But then I thought I could get the standard SNES pad and it will be like the SNES. It would mean I would have spent about £60 for Street Fighter 2 which is roughly what it cost me all those years ago !!!

dave77

Thats what I was thinking. Then I can use it on other stuff.

But then I thought I could get the standard SNES pad and it will be like the SNES. It would mean I would have spent about £60 for Street Fighter 2 which is roughly what it cost me all those years ago !!!

It's all for the retro effect for me. I'm much better at MK8 using the SNES pad, is the NES pro pad a copy of something from the 90s? I remember something called the asciipad, that was the best we had back then.

gameover16

Banned
Amazon sell every model
I know, just low stock. The main Amazon product is not shipping until 15-24 June... all others are end of the month.

The FC30 Pro is exactly the same just different skin so I decided to cut my losses so that I could get it sooner.

Got mine over the weekend, really impressed with it too be honest - with one minor issue on pc.

On switch though, it worked perfectly and we played 3 player Mario kart yesterday with me using that and my missus and daughter using wheels :)

On pc though it's a bit weird. I have a fairly old laptop (which is fine for indie stuff) and I can connect it via USB and it works pretty flawlessly in steam.

When I connect via Bluetooth, all appears to be ok. Controller is detected and I can even go in via device manager and test the controller functions etc. But it just doesn't work in steam at all.

When I plug it in via USB, steam instantly recognises it as an "Xbox controller".

I wonder if my Bluetooth is too old on the laptop as I notice it needs Bluetooth v4.0, but still doesn't really explain why the controller shows up perfectly in windows, but steam doesn't want to know... it's not a major issue, I don't mind using USB, just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

Tooms

Went for the Nes pro. It arrived today. Now I need to upgrade it and Street Fighter here I come !!

Anyone tried to connect this to an iPhone (or if you get chance, could you try please?).

Cannot get my iPad (Air 2) or iPhone7 to even recognise it in Bluetooth settings :(

WibXL

Anyone tried to connect this to an iPhone

Pretty sure the version 4 firmware isn't compatible with iOS anymore. You might be able to flash the older firmware back onto the pad though. You'd need to check the 8bitdo site to see if you can still get it.

Pretty sure the version 4 firmware isn't compatible with iOS anymore. You might be able to flash the older firmware back onto the pad though. You'd need to check the 8bitdo site to see if you can still get it.

What?! Thats crazy :(

I guess they are using the channel used for iOS for the Switch?

WibXL

What?! Thats crazy :(

I guess they are using the channel used for iOS for the Switch?

Must be. Bit of a pain if you need iOS and Switch compatibility..

Must be. Bit of a pain if you need iOS and Switch compatibility..

Yea confirmed in reply from their support last night - have to downgrade firmware. Wish they'd made it clear that 4.0 drops iOS support...

Tooms

Ahhh thats a shame. I flashed mine for Switch. That was fairly easy.

The pad doesnt feel like the SNES pad that I remember and now I am rubbish at Street Fighter. I am sure this is the fault of the pad and not the fact that I have not played Street Fighter properly for years !!

Started using the little joystick instead of the d pad. It is a lovely little controller to be fair.

dave77

:clap: the SNES Pro looks great, even has the zl/zr top buttons

DCOZPEhU0AA_Aij.jpg

DCOS2ulUIAASbrL.jpg

DCOTsqNVwAAypp1.jpg

DCOUZzjUwAAriBb.jpg

Check Out These Retro Controllers By 8BitDo That Support Nintendo Switch

8bitdo @ #E32017 on Twitter

Last edited:

Goldleader80

When are those SNES30 Pro coming out? Really want a SNES pad for my Switch and these look good with the analog sticks.

Tooms

Awww man a SNES pro ?? Dammit I just got the Nes PRO !!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio