885 + Media Centre Annoying Problems :(

wywywywy

Hi,

Bought a 885 recently... and have been having nightmares since then!!

Basically my setup is:
- Pioneer VSX-D814 Receiver
- Samsung LE26R74BDX LCD TV
- Media Centre PC with Windows MCE in a Silverstone case (i.e. iMon remote)

Okay, but nightmares are...

1. The Up/Down/Left/Right buttons are VERY unresponsive! Takes about 2 seconds to respond for each press. It learned these four from the original iMon remote. And the Inter-key delay is set to zero already.

2. My MCE comes on by itself from standby every evening at 5:30pm, to update guide and download Windows update & anti-virus update etc. But the 885 thinks it is off... so when I press "Watch TV" it just switches the PC off! :mad: Is there any elegant way to get around this problem?

The Harmony software is rubbish by the way -__- I so wish they'd just give us a standalone app...

Please help!!

Thanks.

steve smh

Standard Member
If you don't want to use the activities (I don't), then you can delete them all. I switch all devices on or off as required individually. I did have to add or move the on / off command to the top of page 1 though.

amorenod

1. This happens a lot when using an already created command. Try creating 4 new commands with a non-existent name like zup, zdown, zleft, zright, and map them to the arrow buttons.

2. I have no experience with activities, but from what I've gathered in this forum, you can set the PC as always on in the activity, but you'll need to switch it off with a button press

wywywywy

1. This happens a lot when using an already created command. Try creating 4 new commands with a non-existent name like zup, zdown, zleft, zright, and map them to the arrow buttons.

2. I have no experience with activities, but from what I've gathered in this forum, you can set the PC as always on in the activity, but you'll need to switch it off with a button press

Just tried number 1 and it is still very slow :( Navigating through menus takes me minutes!

As for number 2, yea I guess I'll have to forget about activities :(

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom