885 and input scrolling

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Paulie-W, May 7, 2007.

1. Paulie-W

Paulie-W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +493
    Having got my new tv (sony 40s2530) with two hdmi inputs (at av4 &5) the remote, although returns to the input that was being used before turning off, is having trouble going from av5 (tv) down to av4 (dvd) and wants to scroll all the way up through the 6 inputs to get back to av4 instead of going back down one input. the only way at the moment i can sort this is with the help button and clicking the "no" button (on the is it on av4 ) until it eventually reaches its destination. It seems to run out of puff after a couple of scrolls. Anyone got any ideas as to how to make it just jump straight to the correct input, or is it another support question?

2. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Seelct Device mode for the TV and try all the Inputxxx commands listed. Note if any are discretes (direct selection) commands for AV4 and AV5.
    If you find discretes, assign them to the inputs using the "Adjust Inputs" setup.

3. gjp

gjp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have the sony V2000 (don't know whether on your sony the TV menu is the same), but when you into the tv menu and select external inputs, you can skip the ones you do not use. This is how mine tv is setup and I have no problems and the Harmony goes to the correct input all the time.

4. Paulie-W

Paulie-W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +493
    Thanks guys, i`ll give both options a go (when i can get the brat away from the damn thing :rolleyes: ).

5. Paulie-W

Paulie-W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +493
    It ended up being a bit of a combination of both, plus i had to adjust the input delay, but all is good now.

I had a call from Harmony support yesterday about a varilight problem (that can`t be solved), and got him to sort this out at the same time :D