8800GTX to Sony Bravia

speighty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 8800gtx graphics card, i have a samsung 226bw connected to one of the dvi inputs, i have connected my 40" bravia via vga and the dvi to vga adapter but i cant get 1920x1080, i know the tv supports that.

I have downloaded powerstrip to see if i could change it but that says the maximum i can go is 1600x1200, i even downloaded phoenix edid editor but that didnt list my generic monitor when i searched for it.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Your TV may support the resolution, but does it support that resolution over VGA? Some TVs seem to be limited to 1024x768 over vga.

Have you tried DVI to HDMI?
What exact model Sony TV have you got?

get rid of the VGA connection and use DVi to HDMI. If you haven't got enough HDMi ports but a HDMi swapper for under £30. The picture quality is much better with a DVi connection.

You might also have to allow HD formats in nvidia control panel (last option in list). Select 1080p and off you go. :smashin:

I use my 8800GTX on my 70" Sony SXRD and the picture is spot on.

Thanks for the help, i am going to scrap the dvi to vga and go for dvi to hdmi.

Razor does it give a 1.1 scale or does it over scan and how do you get sound, i have an optical out and im thinking of going from my pc to my amp, this would allow me to get dts sound, i think.

Thanks for the help, i am going to scrap the dvi to vga and go for dvi to hdmi.

Razor does it give a 1.1 scale or does it over scan and how do you get sound, i have an optical out and im thinking of going from my pc to my amp, this would allow me to get dts sound, i think.

It will give you 1:1 pixel mapping. However your display may overscan. If this is the case and option will appear once you have selected 1080p to correct this. (its under the allow HD formats option on the list).

As for sound you can connect this via the digital out from your mobo or sound card if you have one. Set the output to spdif or digital (depending if your using vista or xp). Then set up your media players to spdif out. You might also have to enable spdif in your sound drivers. This will then allow you to get digital sound from your pc. :)

I have noe got a dvi to hdmi cable connected to my sanoy 40w2000 but i can get no picture at all, the resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, i have tried different resolutions but this has not helped.

I have chosen the hdtv option at the bottom of nvidia control panel, i was told to get a dvi to hdmi cable because i was told this would work and would give me my maximum resolution but so far nothing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom