868 switching itself off...

BAN5HEE

Hi Guys. My Pio 868 about 3 years old now seems to have gone dodgy. When I turn it on and put a disc in it says reading and then just switches off. I have tried various discs and it just does the same thing. Any ideas?

Kwman

If it was me I would get a new one. Its not because I am loaded, but you can probably get a new DVD player for around the same price as the repair and have the same quality.

I also have a 868, but touch wood no problems yet !

Also because the 868 is obsolete it may be hard to get parts if you take it to a service centre.

My Pio AX5 amp broke down 6 months back and they are still trying to repair it. Atm I think they are waiting on parts and because the AX5 is obsolete it is taking ages to get the parts.

BAN5HEE

If it was me I would get a new one. Its not because I am loaded, but you can probably get a new DVD player for around the same price as the repair and have the same quality.

I also have a 868, but touch wood no problems yet !

Also because the 868 is obsolete it may be hard to get parts if you take it to a service centre.

My Pio AX5 amp broke down 6 months back and they are still trying to repair it. Atm I think they are waiting on parts and because the AX5 is obsolete it is taking ages to get the parts.

Yeah no i will definately replace it instead of repairing it. May get the new 600. Very cheap at £140 and almost as good as the 868 that cost me £800!

BAN5HEE

Its a shame yours broke down as its a cracking DVD player

I know. I have been really happy with it. Not a single problem for 3 years and now it just turns itself off as soon as you stick a dvd into it. The only problem with the 600 is it doesn't have i-Link....

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom