1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

868 AVI to 4805 via HDMI

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by postbag, Jun 10, 2005.

1. postbag

postbag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just setting up my Pioneer 868 to a Screenplay 4805 and am wondering would anyone know the best HDMI settings to use on the 868. I'm not sure which resolution to use or even if it makes a real difference. Most of my DVDs are Region 1 although i've a few pal region 2 ones also. I'm fairly new to this and any tips would be appreciated as i've searched everywhere and cant seem to find anyone talking about connecting these two units together, although i'm sure there are plenty!! Many thanks in advance :lease:

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Woul;d have though 480 would be your best option as the native resolution of both the PJ and your region 1 DVDs - unless I stand corrected.

I also think that you need the infocus adapter, which a 4805 owner may advise you on.

Pete.

3. postbag

postbag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks CB. Just got her hooked up (already had an m1 adaptor) and the picture is just amazing!! Even better than the demo! 480i seems fine. Thanks again :thumbsup:

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Do try 720 as the DVD deck can scale this. Worth having a look. However, it is creatin information here so I am sure that 480 is better for you - after all, is native.

I demoed the 4805 a while back and thought that the PQ was superb. Highly cinematic with gorgeous colours to boot.

Pete.