1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

868 and 434 vertical lines

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Graham Sims, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Graham Sims

Graham Sims
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

This evening I was playing some pal dvds in progressive scan mode from a pioneer 868 dvd into a pioneer 434 plasma, I noticed when the brightness is turned right up, I could see vertical black lines in the picture. This is more noticable on dark scenes. They are stationary.
    It only happens in pal progressive scan mode, if I switch to interlaced, they vanish. They are also not there in ntsc progressive scan.

If i turn the brightness down to normal levels they are less noticable.

Has anyone noticed similar with this player?

Cheers,

Graham

2. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Possibly No help at all but My Pioneer CLD1450 laserdisc player shows these lines on PAL discs (they travel upwards and are very hard to spot) I was told it was due to a bad power supply.

3. Billilu

Billilu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Call me crazy, but I think the answer might be not to turn your brightness right up.

That's what I call looking for faults.

4. Graham Sims

Graham Sims
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Billilu

I see you have the same plasma and dvd, do you get the lines in progressive mode.

I know its not a problem as you can't see them when the brightness is turned down to normal levels, but I was wondering why they are there.

Cheers,

Graham