8545 apps not working

scottdarby74

Novice Member
Reaction score
I can't get BBC iPlayer, itv hub etc to work on my 8545. I've reinstalled TV, turned it off blah blah but still nothing. Anyone with any other recommendations? Please

I've got a7304 model mate and exact same issue
Do you have hdr10+ on amazon prime app?
I lost that too with the latest "update"

The freeview apps have barely functioned since day one
Bought a 30 quid fire stick 4k as given up on them ever functioning

I've got someone from Philips calling in the morning to try to solve the issues, I'll let you know what happens, if anything.
Yeah got a firestick but that's not a true answer, if the TV is supposed to do these things I want it to, I'm sure you'll agree

Good luck with someone giving you a call, shocking customer service.

Good luck with someone giving you a call, shocking customer service.
I have had many customer service emails on the subject to try to fix the issue without success. Rolling back firmware etc. Nothing works.
Given up so the fire stick route saves me keep reinstalling the Tv and getting mad when it doesn't work.
Lifes too short and the rest of the Tv im happy with. If one day they do sort it I'll use the fire stick elsewhere

I’ve just set up my brand new PUS9005 and am pretty shocked that none of iPlayer, ITV, etc work. Surely this must be fixed given that Philips advertise the TV and supporting these apps?

I’ve just set up my brand new PUS9005 and am pretty shocked that none of iPlayer, ITV, etc work. Surely this must be fixed given that Philips advertise the TV and supporting these apps?
Fire stick 4k or similar or months of no freeview apps terrible I know but had my TV 12 months now and the apps worked once or twice then an update comes and they never worked again. They've broken the amazon prime app hdr 10 plus this update too. For 30 quid it saved months of Mrs moaning

Anyone who has issues with their Philips tv, keep sending email to them once a week so they react.
They measure importance of issue on number of similar complaints, if people keep buying secondary devices rather than pursue proper operation of tv owned then you will never get your apps/firmware fixed. Amazon is making a fortune of firesticks just because manufacturers like Philips not bothered maintaining system, but yet they strongly advertise smart features so you pay for it.

Now that's good advice. I've had my TV replaced today, will let you know over the weekend if it's an improvement

Weirdly, my iPlayer, iTV, C4, C5 apps have started working again. No change in firmware or app updates that I'm aware of..

Well I've resolved all the issues with the Philips TV. I've returned it and replaced it with a Samsung, all apps working 1st time.

Well I've resolved all the issues with the Philips TV. I've returned it and replaced it with a Samsung, all apps working 1st time.
Probably best solution you could get. what model did you go for? Any difference in picture quality vs price?

The 8507, picture quality is the same, as is the sound. It doesn't look as good but all the apps work and the voice control is spot on.

The 8507, picture quality is the same, as is the sound. It doesn't look as good but all the apps work and the voice control is spot on.
Yeah voice control is a hit/miss with philips :D Well at least you have no headache now ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom