1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

852x480 on a panny 42PW6D

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by bodhead, Apr 26, 2004.

1. bodhead

bodhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Ok here's my problem, i have just got a panny 42pw6d plasma, and for the life of me cant get it to do 852x480 with powerstrip displaying properly.i have tried some other peoples settings but the screen kind of looks washed out in vertical stpips but it looks fantastic.

at the moment i am running at 856x480 looks good but would love to get 852x480.please can somebody post there powerstrip settings for this plasma.i would really appreciate it

thanx

ps
    using windows xp pro
    powerstrip 3.45
    and a radeon 9800 pro with catalyst 4.4

2. Madders

Madders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I think the problem is your Radeon graphics card. It can't do 852x480 native due to its 8 bit pixel clock. The only card I know that can do it is the Matrox P650 card which I have got. I used to have it running at 1:1 pixel mapping over DVI on my Panny 6 however I recently built a new computer and can't for the life of me get it to display 852x480 again over DVI - even when typing in the exact same Powerstrip settings. I have got it working over VGA though. Don't know whether the fact that my new computer is Intel based compared to my old Athlon based machine has anything to do with it :confused:

Cheers,

Steve

3. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've anecdotally heard of others using 856x480 happily and ignoring the loss of 2 pixels on each side ...