1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8310 Flashing

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Mac Sami, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Mac Sami

Mac Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi,

I've recently been given a free 8310 phone by a friend, as it does not work, and he has upgraded to a newer phone.

He says that when he enquired about getting it repaired, "they" (whoever "they" may be - a shop, I assume!) said that the phone needed "re-booting" (sorry, my friend isn't the most memorable of people, nor the most technical).

I assume this means the phone needs flashing. It doesn't turn on, nothing happens when you try to charge it, and I've checked that it isn't the battery.

If I'm right in that it needs flashing, my next question is what do I need to do this with - I assume a data cable / dongle and some software. Alternatively, is there anyone who could flash the phone for me (I'd be happy to pay a reasonable cost, of course).

I know the 8310 is quite old, but it's such a nice little phone, and it's in absolute mint condition, so I don't want to see it go to waste!

Thanks in advance,

Mac.