Lypsync way out
Firmware version now :-
TPM191E_R.101.001.123.008

Yes, audio sync seams a bit better.
Dolby digital is back working
Dolby Atmos is working with an-included notification
Still only reporting 8bit hdr
Flickering is improved.

And its broken direct input switching with my Harmony remote. After a years ownership of my first Philips TV, I can 100% confirm it will be my last. Its been my worst TV software wise I've ever known. Thoroughly unacceptable.

Still no HDR from the inbuilt Amazon Prime app.

I’m starting to think it is a problem with the app rather than the TV firmware.

Is the flickering gone or just a bit better? It drives me mad and I can't watch the TV when it does it.

Is the flickering gone or just a bit better? It drives me mad and I can't watch the TV when it does it.
I’ve never experienced any flicker on my 65” on any previous iterations of firmware so I can’t help you with that, sorry.

The flickering has gone, but it was only visible in really bright white pictures.

Anyone else think the dimming is improved, so the blacks appear better?

Yes I would say so however I think standard definition pictures have taken a hit.

Thanks for the replies, I'm downloading the update now so will see.

Can any of you guys get the TV to report an 10 bit signal ? From any source.... I cannot.

Flickering seems to be gone, the motion settings still don't work on my sky box but I'm not so bothered about those, this is the best update so far by a long way. Philips closed my case about the flickering so glad it's fixed.

805 here, I’ve just updated and still have got lip sync issues with my V6 Box and Sonos Arc.

Flickering seems to be gone, the motion settings still don't work on my sky box but I'm not so bothered about those, this is the best update so far by a long way. Philips closed my case about the flickering so glad it's fixed.

Can you get your TV to report 10 bit at all ?

Can you get your TV to report 10 bit at all ?
How do I check to see?

Edit, just turned on the TV this morning and it's flickering again so I'm going to have to roll back, it was fine last night after the update but after being off overnight its somehow returned. My case has been closed with Philips regarding the flickering and they said it's within specification so I guess this TV isn't for me.

Last edited:
Can someone advise how to roll back? I tried downloading the USB file but it wont recognise it.... placed the autorun file on the fat32 usb drive unzipped and without folder as per manual instructions...

EDIT:804 OLED btw

Can someone advise how to roll back? I tried downloading the USB file but it wont recognise it.... placed the autorun file on the fat32 usb drive unzipped and without folder as per manual instructions...

EDIT:804 OLED btw
To roll back you need to contact Philips and they will send you a file which is different to the one on the website.

Can any of you guys get the TV to report an 10 bit signal ? From any source.... I cannot.
Yes, if the source is set at 420 10bit. If its 12bit it'll show as 8bit under the info screen.

To roll back you need to contact Philips and they will send you a file which is different to the one on the website.
OK, thanks. Great to have this level of faffing isn't it.

Where do you get the info screen to show? It only opens when using antenna for me.

I cannot for the life of me get it to show 10 bit, from firestick running Netflix, prime or Disney+
Its shows correctly for me with both my Sony and Panasonic UHD drives and also my Xbox One X and PC. Unfortunately I dont use a firestick, so cant help on that one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom