• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

802.11n with my 360

thattallchap

Has any body managed to find any usb adapter that will work with the 360 at 802.11n speeds?

Having just finished my games room, i would like to stream AVI and MPG from my Mac over my Airport Extreme but the 360 just isn't connecting at a quick enough TX rate.

Any ideas chaps, chappets

DragonOfSilver

Has any body managed to find any usb adapter that will work with the 360 at 802.11n speeds?

Having just finished my games room, i would like to stream AVI and MPG from my Mac over my Airport Extreme but the 360 just isn't connecting at a quick enough TX rate.

Any ideas chaps, chappets

There is only one usb adapter that will work, and that's the MS official one, which is b/g/a only, so untill such a time as they release a new official one, only way to get N would be some kind of network bridge adapter going to network port.

thattallchap

Bugger - i keep the MS adapter that i have then.

Cheers

WelshBluebird

One of the big issues with N IMO anyway, is right now, the thing is still not ratified. So that means, every wireless N device out there now uses a draft specification. Since things could still be changed in that specification before the final draft is released, it could end uo that current equiptment won't play nice with wireless n devices in the future. A major headache if you ask me.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom