80 Giga-pixel panorama of London

imightbewrong

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I saw that in the metro before and thought it was a good idea and looks cool, I might have to try doing one from the top of the hilton in manchester.

Someone at work mentioned reading about a naked man at a window (or something like that) having to be removed from a public image. Is it this one?

Yep - it was a woman though.

People are already finding 'glitches in the matrix' where you've got the same woman three times as she was in three shots while she was walking down the street :)

I saw that in the metro before and thought it was a good idea and looks cool, I might have to try doing one from the top of the hilton in manchester.

You'll need some decent kit then :D ;

This panoramic photo was stitched on a Fujitsu CELSIUS workstation comprising dual 6-core CPUs, 192GB of RAM, and a 4GB graphics card. Using this excellent workstation allowed this record-breaking photo to be created a few weeks faster than would have been possible on any other available PC.

But I know what you mean :smashin:

This really is fascinating to me.

I worked at London met Uni a couple of years back and thought I'd see if I could find it.
Not only could I see the building, I saw the steps that I climbed up on to the plant room on the roof :eek:
And I'd guess that's 2 1/2 miles away :eek:

Very impressive, when you consider I also looked a couple of hundred yards away from the shooting site too :smashin:

Yep - it was a woman though.

People are already finding 'glitches in the matrix' where you've got the same woman three times as she was in three shots while she was walking down the street :)

Yes, I saw a glitch, where people were blurred, as in the wrong film speed?

That's picking flies though, imo.

Very cool.

Is this a stitching error or fake fronts ?
18829007.jpg

The location on the map.
67602160.jpg

Very cool.

Is this a stitching error or fake fronts ?
18829007.jpg

Looks like just a water mark. It appears all over the image once you zoom in.

WOW. A lot of time and effort. Well done to who ever does these.

Please do Manchester.

Even see MI6 building in this image. I find these so interesting. Zooming in to see what people are doing and what the tops of buildings are like and general structure of them. Like to see things I don't see when walking down a street in these sort of images.

LOL i think we were talking about the white building frontage that doesnt appear to anything behind it "Front not Font"

Doh, i miss read the post and did indeed think it read fake FONTS.

Oh well, i do have a stinking cold so thats my excuse.

Someone at work mentioned reading about a naked man at a window (or something like that) having to be removed from a public image. Is it this one?

Their blog says that they had to blur one "naughty bit".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom