8 and 9 seater cars

daftpunk1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My wife will be changing cars shortly and trying to find something bigger than the current 7 seater zafira. An 8 or 9 seater will allow her to add more clients as she is works in child care.

It does seem to be very hard to find 9 seaters as its really mini bus territory or the popular VW Transporter. But that would be out of budget.

Hoping for some 8/9 seater suggestions, if not 7 seaters as we need to upgrade regardless. Access to rear seats in zafira is a nightmare, having to climb through boot to get in as middle section always has child seats permanently fixed. So probably a sliding door is needed...

You are in minibus territory, so why limit to 8/9 seats :) It’s a business, invest, go for a 16 seater...Plenty of ‘nice’ ones on eBay...

If you are going to stick to a 7 seater I can recommend a Kia Sorento, as I was helping out at the school recently. It a great car and feel very safe as you are slightly higher up. I was asked to buy it for the school and got a very good price with extras, also it's AWD and 7 year warranty.

Access to the rear seats is very simple, the load space is massive when the seats are down.

Last edited:
Traditional european-spec is limited; Toyota and PSA (Peugeot/Citroen/Fiat).
Ford Torneo already mentioned.
Throw this one in, Landrover - 9/10 seat available.
US, left-hand-drive! Chevrolet Suburban 9 seats.
also how about ex-funeral Limo, the kids would love that, be like going to the prom. Seats 8.

Lol, yeah i pointed out a merc limo I seen for a mere 3 grand with only 50k on the clock. We are kind of looking for a good balance so that it can be used for driving it for just our own use.

We only have 2 kids but when they are young the car is always full

Lol, yeah i pointed out a merc limo I seen for a mere 3 grand with only 50k on the clock. We are kind of looking for a good balance so that it can be used for driving it for just our own use.

We only have 2 kids but when they are young the car is always full
I’d ensure you check out the tax implications of personal usage :) And ensure the insurance is appropriate.

The perfect car is really Peugeot 505 estate, that's the last people-carrier I had; 5-seater massive estate for 2+2, full 8-seater for 2+6 aged 2 through 14 at the time plus the boot was still as big as a hatchback. And it was just a normal car to drive. Rare these days, and still got the issue accessing the rear seats with child seats in the middle row; we only used one so it wasn't a problem.

I run a Honda Elysion - 8-seater (all full size).

Available on an Import through a few places in the UK - around £9k with 30k on the clock.

Your insurer will def ask what you are doing with it - ‘are you running a taxi?’.

Joe

...It was a fantastic car for its time. I took the original post regarding that firmly tongue in cheek.
I new it would be difficult to find one - what I didn't realise was that according to the source there are only around 20 Family models surviving (UK) though as you say, more in Africa and I dare say, France.
There were also some Citroen models with the same passenger capacity.
My point though, that as a car rather than van derived people carrier, it was more suited to mixed duties. And there's little to compare to it today.

I had a 504 Family Estate for many years, just for the size of the boot :thumbsup: Long before the days of folding seats, we had to unbolt the rear seats :)

I would suggest the Hyundai i800 but already beaten to it.

Renault Traffic has a 9-seat configuration IIRC

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom