8:15 PM Video Breakup on Sky Premier SD on HD Box

mossmanfly

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a strange one, I started noticing the issue a few weeks back, please bare with me on this.

On Saturdays we always watch the 8pm Premier on SD as even though its a HD box that one isnt subscribed to HD, it was a box I got free and replaced the Sky+ we had. Anyway at 8:15pm on the dot the picture breaks up, goes all glitchy for maybe 1-2 seconds, sometimes it also happens at 8:30pm as well. As we only watch that channel once per week it was only after a few weeks I had noticed the pattern. It never did it on the Sky+ Box.

I have Sky HD upstairs in my room the full HD package and of course never watch Premier SD and as Im eating Pizza downstairs at 8pm watching the film downstairs. I have since recorded the film onto my HD box and guess what the same thing happens at the same point in time. As soon as the timer hits 17mins (2mins start up before hand) the picture breaks up.

I have also seen it happen on Premier SD on other days i've tried it on both boxes and again 8:15pm and the channel glitches. Other channels seem to be unaffected on both HD boxes. Have tried Premier HD and Premier +1 and both are fine at 8:15pm.

Seems just a weird error, I have rebooted both boxes, planner rebuild, only thing not done is a full system wipe. Anyone else have the same thing?

What type of pizza was it?

as Im eating Pizza downstairs at 8pm watching the film downstairs......

Have you tried eating the pizza upstairs whilst watching it in SD on your HD box? What happens on the upstairs HD box in this scenario?

please bare with me on this........Im eating Pizza

So you eat pizza naked??!!

Have you tried watching the Saturday 8pm premiere on another evening in a different time slot? Do any other channels do this at that time? Perhaps it's some kind of electrical interference, like a central heating timer? Why don't you swap the boxes over on Saturday night, so you can have HD and the pizza? How could you possible have HD in the house and watch a film you've paid to see in HD on SD?

Tomorrow's Premier is Sunshine. It's already on Anytime, have you ever watched that version instead of waiting for the broadcast?

So many questions!!! There's nowt as queer as folk!!

:D

Well I havent watched the channel on the HD box upstairs but recording it produces the same results.

I replaced the downstairs box myself and we had trouble with getting Sky to activate it. At first both boxes had all the HD channels. Then the downstairs box had the channels where as the upstairs one didnt which was wrong. Sky then had to cancel the HD subscription and reinstate it as they were having trouble getting to move the HD subscription around, as the downstairs box is considered the main box.

Dont think this problem ever happened with the old Sky+ system so its only since we got the HD box. Just seems such a weird thing to happen on one channel and at the same time every day.

Have you tried watching the 8pm premiere on another evening? Do any other channels do this at that time? Perhaps it's some kind of electrical interference, like a central heating timer?

Yep the Premiere SD channel at 8:15pm every night does the same. No other channel i've observed at the same time does it.

I dont think I have tried the channel since the software upgrade a few days ago. My box upstairs has it where as when I checked the box downstairs it hasnt got it.

Will record the premiere SD channel tomorrow and see what happens and see if the update has done anything.

Have you tried watching the Saturday 8pm premiere on another evening in a different time slot? Do any other channels do this at that time? Perhaps it's some kind of electrical interference, like a central heating timer? Why don't you swap the boxes over on Saturday night, so you can have HD and the pizza? How could you possible have HD in the house and watch a film you've paid to see in HD on SD?

Tomorrow's Premier is Sunshine. It's already on Anytime, have you ever watched that version instead of waiting for the broadcast?

So many questions!!! There's nowt as queer as folk!!

Swapping the boxes over isnt really solving the issue plus there all connected up and in entertainment units so I dont really want to spend 30 mins messing about with boxes. We have HD in my room as im the one paying for it, and I use it the most for all the other movies, Sky 1 etc. We will get HD on the other box once its a free subscription or we can pay £10 for both subscriptions. I dont really want to watch the Anytime broadcast or even the Premiere HD broadcast another when im going to be watching the film anyway tomorrow.

Anytime broadcasts arent an issue for this problem nor are any other channels, only channel effect is Premiere SD at 8:15pm every single night that I have tried.

Tomorrow I have Sunshine recorded for my HD box upstairs and the only difference is that I have the latest version on mine where as the other box doesnt seem to be updated yet, will see if this makes a difference before I force and update.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom