AV Podcast : Movies : 7th Apr 2007

01:00 DVD and HD News
06:12 Review of March of the Penguins on (US) HD DVD
09:35 Review of Hellboy on (UK) Blu-ray
19:51 Discussion of 80's video nasties.

46.3Mb, 50 minutes and 38 seconds. Direct Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Tantalus

Another cracking podcast guys. Good to see Chris back and hear about his 'unusual' upbringing :eek:

Would like to suggest a discussion topic: we hear a lot about blu ray, hd dvd etc - and a lot of discussion and review is around the format. Judging by the switch of review material from SD to HD in avplay, it seems accepted that this format is going to replace DVD.

But I, personally, am not convinced. And industry analysts are also sceptical. The lack of a "huge" leap (as we saw from vinyl to CD or VHS to DVD) is just not there. And my TAG kit plays SD DVDs FAR better than the local PS3->HDTV setup in my local Costco.

Might be a round table? Would be nice to have a round table based on "opinion" rather than personal experience (soundtracks, video nasties) etc. I'd like to hear the panel's views.

Or perhaps on this thread!

Cheers

Maxtible

Standard Member
Chris McEneany is bloody brilliant. His enthusiasm is so infectious it almost makes me want to go and track down whatever it is he's talking about even if its some crusty old black and white universal horror that I wouldn't otherwise be interested in. Listening to someone enthusing so articulately is an absolute pleasure. The gun stuff was a bit scary though.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom