• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

7MC Remote Controls?

Hi folks,

All the MCE remotes seem to have pretty much become EOL, especially the ones of choice - the Microsoft & Philips ones, so is there anything around the horizon in terms of new MCE remotes, I would gather there might be with Windows 7 releasing soon?

Ask as I'm without a remote at the moment as my Philips one just got broken by accident. BTW, I thought that the Philips one was very well built as well as having nice aesthetics!

Oh yeah, thanks!

djcla

Distinguished Member
so you build a HTPC and you now cant get a remote for MCE thats frustrating. There are a lot of so called mce remotes on ebay but no Micorsoft ones

Holwill

Established Member
if i you buy harmony where can you get the usb reciever bit from?

Already have that part from the previous Philips remote, it's just that the remote was broken accidently, nephew dropped it and somebody else stood on it without realising before it was too late.

RitchieTheBrit

Established Member
I recently got a genuine MS/Philips one from eBay for about £20, NOS. Well worth it if you can grab one.

djcla

Distinguished Member
Kind of gone off topic, though, original post was about 7MC remotes. It would be nice to know that MS were going to do something.

yeah would love to know, find t very strange that all the MCe remotes from various companies are ll discontinued. Either they bringing out a new one or not bothering at all :(

Thanks to the advice on this thread I've just taken delivery of a Dell/Phillips remote control for £14.99:

DELL WINDOWS REMOTE CONTROL VISTA WINDOWS 7

:thumbsup:

How does this work, need for additional drivers (dell?) as I rang them this morning, person I spoke to wasn't sure on it.

It's also Silver/Black apparently, let me know how you get on with this, as I'd probably order one, although I do have an MCE remote and receiver.

farmerpalmer

Established Member
No instructions or driver supplied but I just pluged in the IR receiver unit, and Windows (7 Ultimate) found the driver itself. Worked straight out of the box.

RitchieTheBrit

Established Member
I believe that is the OEM type version of the official MS remote (Vista model).

I owuld love to get one in black, but they never actually released those. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom