7mc codecs and live tv

bilbonvidia

I have been tinkering with the DSFilter tweaker tool and have it so ffdshow is processing xvids divs ripped dvds etc. I have mpc-hc filter doing h.264.

My question is how can I get FFDSHOW to do live tv so I can and try and improve the freeview picture and how can I get the bbc had channel working in mc while at the same time using mpc filter for h.264 mkv's? Windows 7 media center.
Currently live freeview works even tho I have disabled the MS DTV DVD decoder with the tool.

jameson_uk

Yep you can read a lot of Dave "progress" here

Just need a copy of Windows 7 so I can actually be of some real help....

Daveybryce

Yeah lol, I've pretty much hit a brick wall at the moment, still waiting for replies over at Doom9 and from CLSID from a PM I sent.

As far as I can see if you want to use a 3rd party decoder for live tv you have a choice of 3

MS One, Cyberlink video\SD decoder and Theatretek.. oh and the mainconcept decoder. So thats 4 really.

However if you are viewing freesat with bbcHD you need a single decoder that can cope with both mpeg2 and h264.... there are 2 availalbe that can do this under 1 roof that I know of.... MS video decoder and FFDShow. If you don't get one of these then either SD TV will work and HD will not or vise versa due to LiveTV decoder not autoswitching to the suitable decoder as it only loads 1 decoder for video when LiveTV starts and sticks with that.

Dunno if that makes sense but hopefully it does.

Oh and Jameson... Please hurry up and get win7 :D

jameson_uk

Oh and Jameson... Please hurry up and get win7 :D
working on it but Will probably be a few weeks ...

I am struggling to figure out why you need the same decoder for SD and HD. Surely the only requirement is that the codec will join to the previous filter ?

Daveybryce

I am struggling to figure out why you need the same decoder for SD and HD. Surely the only requirement is that the codec will join to the previous filter ?

mmmmm, yes you would have thought so however not in LiveTV. If i select CoreAVC say as default decoder (which works and can be done, however the picture on BBC HD comes out in 4:3 format :confused: but fixes blocking issue) then I can watch the channel, however if i then try to watch a SD channel, I get black screen but with audio... therefore no loading of a new filter.

I haven't run graph studio on this yet, so you might be correct.

I'm actually starting to admire the MS DTV-DVD Decoders built into Win7 as it seems to be intelligent enough to switch between streams quite happily without the need for the graph to be stopped, relaunched with correct decoders, it would appear it rebuild a graph on every new event automatically.

A few weeks I can wait :smashin:

bilbonvidia

Cheers guys, guess will continue with MS decoders for h.264 and live tv for now then. This is the first time I have been able to get ffdshow to work for ripped dvds, xvid & divx's so I'll have a play with the settings of that to improve/upscale dvd playback to keep me busy in the meantime. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom