• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

7MC Build

talos2010

Standard Member
Hi all,

Looking at building a HTPC with the following bits, for 7MC use (Freesat + Freeview) and Mediabrowser with films stored on USB drives. No gaming - Look OK ?

Intel i3 2100T
Intel DH67CF (Will disable UAC and install latest video drivers to get 23.973 FPS :)
Blackgold BGT3595 (2XDVB-S2 + 2XDVB-T)
Wesena Mini ITX7-2 Case (Wesena Mini ITX7-2 Case > ITX Series > Wesena UK)
64GB Crucial RealSSD
120w PicoPSU and Powerbrick

Can anybody suggest a low profile heatsink/fan that would fit the case?

graham.myers

Distinguished Member
looks ok, go for a scythe shuriken rev. b - they're only 64mm high, or the scythe shuriken big at 58mm - you'll need to check the horizontal dimensions of the fan though in case it interferes with the memory and/or bgt card

You could also use a zacate board - thats what I've used in an itx7-2. It'd work out cheaper

talos2010

Standard Member
looks ok, go for a scythe shuriken rev. b - they're only 64mm high, or the scythe shuriken big at 58mm - you'll need to check the horizontal dimensions of the fan though in case it interferes with the memory and/or bgt card

You could also use a zacate board - thats what I've used in an itx7-2. It'd work out cheaper

Thanks. I looked at Zacate and wasn't convinced it's got enough power.

I currently use a Revo 3610 (with SSD) and 4xDVB-T and 1xDVB-S USB sticks, both 7MC and Mediabrowser GUIs are a little on the slow side, HD also breaks up when other recordings are taking place. Zacate would be better - just don't know if it would be enough.

CHBMB

I've got a system with an i3 2100T after using a Revo 3610. The reason I upgraded was due to the slow speed of the Revo too. Can't comment on the AMD as I've never used one bit I had the same concerns as you. I've also got the Scythe Shuriken Rev B cooler and can recommend it. My frontend is mediaportal and it's working like a dream on my system and silky smooth with the new 1.2beta.

ATB

Neil

talos2010

Standard Member
I've got a system with an i3 2100T after using a Revo 3610. The reason I upgraded was due to the slow speed of the Revo too. Can't comment on the AMD as I've never used one bit I had the same concerns as you. I've also got the Scythe Shuriken Rev B cooler and can recommend it. My frontend is mediaportal and it's working like a dream on my system and silky smooth with the new 1.2beta.

ATB

Neil

Thanks, I haven't used MediaPortal in ages - time for another look methinks.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Check that the Blackgold card doesn't need more power. You need to power the LNB as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom