1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7ft Walter Stewart Screen Horizontal Ripples

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by obiwan, Jan 6, 2003.

1. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have this screen, 80x45". Only a few weeks old.

The first time I pulled it down I did not notice any marks or ripples on it, thats not to say they may have been there.

But now every time I pull it down there are ripples approx. every 6". They tend to go when the screen is left down long enough.

Is this a duff screen, or a a good/bad way to put it back up??

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    I noticed a few ripples in my Draper luma (same size as yours) after only a few uses. I left mine down overnight (mainly because it smelled bad) and they went. So I'll do that whenever I get ripples in the future.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Have you made your supplier aware of this? Sounds like you are seeing where the screen material is rolling over itself where it is attached to the drum. This is more common on other manufacturers screens. I've never seen it on a Luxus ModelA

Gordon

4. Turl

Turl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard,

I had the same problem with my 7ft Draper screen which was promptly replaced by the supplier. However the same problem exists with the replacement so I assume this is a general design problem for some manufacturers. The screen material is definately rolling over the bonded strip on the roll and causing the screen material to stretch about every 5 to 6".

I'm now looking for a good deal on a 7ft tab tensioned screen!

Turl